There's nothing better than having a nicely decorated office space/study area, it helps to keep you motivated to do your work and also keeps you organized. Here are some tips to help you organize your desk.
1. Keep your space nice and clean. The worst thing you can have on your desk is clutter. When your space isn't organised, you won't be able to focus on your work. You should have drawers to keep your work organised or even baskets where you can place bits of paper in.
2. Buy a pencil holder for all your stationary necessities. You don't have to pay a ridiculous amount for a chic pencil holder, you could use a clear plastic container and decorate it to make it fabulous or even buy a small vase with a wide opening.
3. Keep a large pad on your desk. I bought a large A2 sized pad from a stationary store and i leave this on my desk at all times. It is great for scribbling notes, appointments and if it gets to messy you can always rip of the top layer!
4. Lights! You need some sort of lamp on your desk for light, never EVER work in the dark. It is not good for your eyes and it'll probably make you sleepy.
5. Always sell your things before you buy new things. Otherwise you're going to have a whole lot of junk lying around. Or you could jazz up your old stuff by buying decorations (think pearls, stickers) from your local op shop, $2 store or department store.
6. Buy a cork board. I love cork boards, any important notes you have can be pinned on, you can also write little inspirational quotes that can keep you going or even your goals.
7.Art Deco. Decorate the walls around your study area with paintings/canvases you like.
8. Book ends. Book ends are great to keep books in and look chic and stylish.
Here are a few pictures to get you more inspired :)